Close Menu
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
What's On

Returning SA’ers always welcome in SA – cabinet

July 30, 2026

IRGC video of retaliatory strikes on US targets in Jordan | US-Israel war on Iran

July 30, 2026

Chery will start with Tiggo 4 Cross production in this country

July 30, 2026

He wanted to do something different when Popi appeared in Masked Singer

July 30, 2026

The new Audi Q3 has 16 different technologies

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Times Network
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
Home » We are looking for justice and we are getting old when we were ‘shone’ by the MKP
Business

We are looking for justice and we are getting old when we were ‘shone’ by the MKP

By staffJuly 25, 20263 Mins Read
We are looking for justice and we are getting old when we were ‘shone’ by the MKP
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

We are crying bitterly about the withdrawal in a way that we don’t understand of the old case that was said to have been brought down by an accident by a person representing the MKP in the upcoming councilor elections.

Mrs Ntombizodwa Zondi (69) said she is still wondering how the assault case against the MKP representative in ward 17, Thekwini Municipality, Ms Geylrose Mbanjwa, and others was withdrawn?

Mrs. Zondi is in hiding after being attacked by a group of people who accused her of torturing her husband.

Mrs Zondi said she is afraid to even return to her home in Savanna Park, Durban.

“I’m still sleeping in the mountains, I can’t go back to my home. How can I go back because they told me in my eyes that they will slaughter me like a goat?”

Mrs Zondi said Mrs Mbanjwa was one of the seven people who were in the front when she was beaten.

“Geylrose stabbed me in the head with a nailed board. He hit me badly, because I still have a head injury. I went to the hospital to have the injury stitched up.”

Mrs. Zondi said that after she was beaten, the police arrested six suspects but the case ended up on the way. She said that she has visited Mariannhill police station several times, wanting to know where the case ended.

“I wrote to the police wanting to know where the case ended. They even told me to go to the station in Ndengezi because I don’t help in Mariannhill. They came to Ndengezi and took my statement. When I followed up later they told me to send a report to Mariannhill. I went back to Mariannhill, and there was a new boss. The new boss told me that he hadn’t arrived before the whole thing happened. That’s how it ended. Politics plays its role in our lives. There’s a lot the crime here. The practice is inside the police station, together with the police and the prisoners.”

Mrs. Zondi said that when she was attacked, there was also a two-month-old baby who was being held by her daughter.

“Fortunately, they only hit me.”

KwaZulu-Natal police spokesperson, Lieutenant Colonel Paul Magwaza, ordered Mrs. Zondi to see the police station manager.

“Six suspects were arrested but the case was dropped.”

Attempts to get a comment from MKP KwaZulu-Natal organizer, Mr. Simphiwe Mpungose, were unsuccessful as his phone did not answer.

Last week, MKP KwaZulu-Natal producer, Mr. Willies Mchunu, had said that they would investigate the matter, and asked that Mpungose ​​be contacted.

Mrs. Mbanjwa did not answer the questions sent to her last week, her phone was ringing and she could not be picked up.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Returning SA’ers always welcome in SA – cabinet

He wanted to do something different when Popi appeared in Masked Singer

This is what new appointments look like at OBC

He was dismissed by the court who wanted his brother’s house with dli

They complain to government departments that owe municipalities

US launches ‘powerful’ retaliatory strikes on Iran

‘They are tired of being insulted by the public and have abandoned the ANC’

MOS strengthens Afrikaans education in the Karoo

Sassa warns those who ignore the messages

Editors Picks

IRGC video of retaliatory strikes on US targets in Jordan | US-Israel war on Iran

July 30, 2026

Chery will start with Tiggo 4 Cross production in this country

July 30, 2026

He wanted to do something different when Popi appeared in Masked Singer

July 30, 2026

The new Audi Q3 has 16 different technologies

July 30, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest south africa news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

This is what new appointments look like at OBC

July 30, 2026

He was dismissed by the court who wanted his brother’s house with dli

July 30, 2026

They complain to government departments that owe municipalities

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Instagram
© 2026 Times Network. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.