Close Menu
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
What's On

Returning SA’ers always welcome in SA – cabinet

July 30, 2026

IRGC video of retaliatory strikes on US targets in Jordan | US-Israel war on Iran

July 30, 2026

Chery will start with Tiggo 4 Cross production in this country

July 30, 2026

He wanted to do something different when Popi appeared in Masked Singer

July 30, 2026

The new Audi Q3 has 16 different technologies

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Times Network
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
Home ยป US launches ‘powerful’ retaliatory strikes on Iran
Business

US launches ‘powerful’ retaliatory strikes on Iran

By staffJuly 30, 20262 Mins Read
US launches ‘powerful’ retaliatory strikes on Iran
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

(Photo: Younis Al-Bayati/AFP) /

The US military launched “powerful” strikes on Iran on Thursday in retaliation for its attacks on US bases in Jordan.

Saudi Arabia and the US also announced attacks on bases of militant groups in Iraq on Wednesday, while US ally Israel accused Hezbollah of violating a ceasefire.

According to Saudi Arabia, the world’s largest oil exporter, there have been drone attacks targeting crude oil facilities in the past two days. The attacks are believed to have been carried out by Iraqi armed groups linked to Iran.

Iran launched missiles at US ally Jordan, with Iranian state media later reporting a US strike near the Islamic Republic’s border with Iraq.

Pres. Before the latest attacks, Donald Trump told Fox News: “We’re going to hit them hard”.

Jordan’s army said it had intercepted five Iranian missiles, with Iran’s Revolutionary Guard saying it had targeted US bases there.

“As long as the threats against the Islamic Republic of Iran continue… the resistance will continue,” the Revolutionary Guard added.

The US said the earlier ceasefire was aimed at starting a new round of negotiations, including on the Strait of Hormuz.

The Revolutionary Guard said it attacked and intercepted three tankers in the strait, insisting that Iran has “full control” of the waterway that previously offered free passage.

Tehran has insisted it will retain control of the vital energy transit channel, and has also announced plans to charge tolls for transit, which Washington opposes.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Returning SA’ers always welcome in SA – cabinet

He wanted to do something different when Popi appeared in Masked Singer

This is what new appointments look like at OBC

He was dismissed by the court who wanted his brother’s house with dli

They complain to government departments that owe municipalities

‘They are tired of being insulted by the public and have abandoned the ANC’

MOS strengthens Afrikaans education in the Karoo

Sassa warns those who ignore the messages

Immigrants cannot be made sacrificial sheep -Ramaphosa

Editors Picks

IRGC video of retaliatory strikes on US targets in Jordan | US-Israel war on Iran

July 30, 2026

Chery will start with Tiggo 4 Cross production in this country

July 30, 2026

He wanted to do something different when Popi appeared in Masked Singer

July 30, 2026

The new Audi Q3 has 16 different technologies

July 30, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest south africa news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

This is what new appointments look like at OBC

July 30, 2026

He was dismissed by the court who wanted his brother’s house with dli

July 30, 2026

They complain to government departments that owe municipalities

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Instagram
© 2026 Times Network. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.