Close Menu
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
What's On

Suspect apparently approached Krüger via dating app

May 21, 2026

Cries of royal disputes were presented when the budget was presented

May 21, 2026

Audio Leak reveals, Meta secretly monitored its employees, created a vanguard for training AI? – mark zuckerberg audio leak surfaced meta secretly monitored his employees may be training ai

May 21, 2026

Remains of shipwrecks: Three stuck; publicly warned

May 21, 2026

Cubans react to US indictment of former President Raul Castro | Raul Castro

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Times Network
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
Home » Suspect apparently approached Krüger via dating app
Business

Suspect apparently approached Krüger via dating app

By staffMay 21, 20263 Mins Read
Suspect apparently approached Krüger via dating app
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Braam Krueger. (Photo: Facebook)

One of the four suspects believed to be connected with the murder of Braam Krüger, a well-known former paramedic from Pretoria, apparently approached him on a dating app.

This is what the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court, sitting in the Kgosi Mampuru II prison, heard on Wednesday when the four young accused’s bail proceedings resumed.

According to the state, under this pretext, Krüger agreed to meet the person shortly after work. In the end, apparently it was actually a trap.

It was earlier reported that the state claimed Zondi Ntando (36), Siphoshile Xulu (22), Mpendulo Nyembe (27) and Sphesihle Mbambo (24) acted with a common goal to kill and rob Krüger.

Krüger’s bound body was found in a guest house in Brooklyn after the meeting over Easter weekend. According to the state, his cell phone and cash were stolen.

The court heard during a previous appearance that the four suspects were arrested on April 12 in Protea Glen, Soweto. A fifth suspect is still being sought.

On Wednesday, Sesedi Phooko, Ntando’s legal representative, during the cross-examination of sergeant. Daniel Caba, the investigating officer, said Krüger and Ntando apparently met on a dating app.

However, the state objected to this questioning and argued that it had no connection with the bail application.

(Photo: Isabel Venter/Maroela Media)

Nsuku Baloyi – Xulu, Nyembe and Mbambo’s legal representative – then asked Caba about a pending case in KwaZulu-Natal in which the accused are apparently also involved.

Caba testified earlier that all four accused are persons of interest in a separate kidnapping case in this province. The case is apparently related to a professor who was allegedly forced to pay money to his captors.

According to Caba, a warrant has already been issued for Ntando’s arrest in this case.

He further testified that a second case in Rosebank, Johannesburg, is also being investigated. The accused’s alleged modus operandi is believed to be in line with that in the KwaZulu-Natal case, although their alleged involvement has yet to be confirmed.

During cross-examination, Caba confirmed that only a warrant had already been issued for Ntando, but that the police in KwaZulu-Natal were looking for all four accused to possibly charge them.

However, he could not answer with certainty why the investigation team had not yet traveled to Pretoria to formally arrest the accused.

Regarding the defendants’ residential addresses, Caba confirmed that their permanent addresses in KwaZulu-Natal had been checked. However, the outer room in Protea Glen where they lived and were finally apprehended was not investigated because it was only a temporary rental address.

Caba also responded to a question from adv. State prosecutor Kgaogelo Sibeko said strict bail conditions are not always sufficient to ensure that suspects do attend their trial.

Bail applications resume later this week.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Cries of royal disputes were presented when the budget was presented

Remains of shipwrecks: Three stuck; publicly warned

They remained on the field where they were facing the police in Mariannhill

Jhb mayoral committee member of assault, kidnapping alleged

The community of Mahikeng is shocked by the killing of those who fought for civilisation

Denel wage increase welcomed – Maroela Media

The artists who have been honored with awards feel humbled

Jeep is recalling numerous vehicles over safety risks

A lot is promised to those who will attend Mayine

Editors Picks

Cries of royal disputes were presented when the budget was presented

May 21, 2026

Audio Leak reveals, Meta secretly monitored its employees, created a vanguard for training AI? – mark zuckerberg audio leak surfaced meta secretly monitored his employees may be training ai

May 21, 2026

Remains of shipwrecks: Three stuck; publicly warned

May 21, 2026

Cubans react to US indictment of former President Raul Castro | Raul Castro

May 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest south africa news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

They remained on the field where they were facing the police in Mariannhill

May 21, 2026

Jhb mayoral committee member of assault, kidnapping alleged

May 21, 2026

The community of Mahikeng is shocked by the killing of those who fought for civilisation

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Instagram
© 2026 Times Network. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.