Close Menu
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
What's On

Turkish court ousts leader of main opposition party | Politics News

May 22, 2026

ORLU Congress | ‘We must speak life about agriculture’

May 22, 2026

Hope for an eternal grant for the unemployed in this country

May 22, 2026

1,000 displaced children fed when storms hit Garden Route

May 22, 2026

They are coming from the ANC tents in the temple

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Times Network
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
Home ยป Hope for an eternal grant for the unemployed in this country
Business

Hope for an eternal grant for the unemployed in this country

By staffMay 22, 20263 Mins Read
Hope for an eternal grant for the unemployed in this country
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

It is coming down to the grant that will be led forever by the poor in this country as it is being discussed at the Cabinet level for this grant. The main thing that is discussed is how much money this grant, which will help a lot of unemployed people, will cost the government.

This was expressed by Mrs. Sindisiwe Chikunga, Acting Minister in the Department of Social Development, when she presented the budget of R302 billion, for the financial year 2026/2027 in Parliament.

He said that most of the money goes to grants.

“R293 billion in this year’s allocation goes to allowances for the elderly, children as well as those living with disabilities. They are continuing the plans to coordinate the allowance for the poor, with the structures for the self-employed to find jobs,” he said.

He said that the allowance for the poor in this country has been extended until next year.

“R36.4 billion has been earmarked for a grant for the unemployed, which has been extended until next year. This grant benefits 8 million people who are unemployed. It will be extended until March, next year. We are grateful to the president, for facilitating the administration of this grant.”

He said that they will examine the lives of workers in the pension registration department, and those who work with money in organizations such as SASSA.

“We want to clean up the rampant corruption, that’s why we want to look at the lives of officials.”

He also praised the children’s allowance, which he said the students who did matric last year, passed with flying colours.

“We have increased the number of students who passed matric last year who are receiving this grant. They passed with Bachelor’s degrees and passed courses such as Maths and Science. They went on to educational institutions where they were supported by the NSFAS fund,” he said.

He said they are fighting against the scourge of violence against women and children in the country.

The center that fights this problem has received about 39,000 calls since the beginning of the year reporting harassment. Victims who are not afraid to report but call this center on: 0800 428 428.”

He said they are also strengthening the problem of child rape in this country.

“We have taken the initiative to hire social workers who are not working in this country. It is not reported if there are young children who are pregnant because that is rape.”

He complained about the drug problem in the country and said that they are strengthening the work of the organization that fights this problem.

“It is a big problem of drugs prevalent among young people. We also support non-profit organizations to help in the fight against different communities.”

Members of Parliament complained about the lack of facilities to pay grants as the post office is gone. This problem is more prevalent in the homes where people are said to be struggling as the cities are far from the community.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

ORLU Congress | ‘We must speak life about agriculture’

1,000 displaced children fed when storms hit Garden Route

They are coming from the ANC tents in the temple

Gauteng must keep hands off school finances – Solidarity

Nkandla May 2026 awards are drooling

Covid contracts: SOE gets R25 million back

Bonko is responding to allegations of sex

Missing divers may have gotten lost in cave

Students at risk of expulsion NSFAS stops funding

Editors Picks

ORLU Congress | ‘We must speak life about agriculture’

May 22, 2026

Hope for an eternal grant for the unemployed in this country

May 22, 2026

1,000 displaced children fed when storms hit Garden Route

May 22, 2026

They are coming from the ANC tents in the temple

May 22, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest south africa news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Gauteng must keep hands off school finances – Solidarity

May 21, 2026

Nkandla May 2026 awards are drooling

May 21, 2026

Covid contracts: SOE gets R25 million back

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Instagram
© 2026 Times Network. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.