Close Menu
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
What's On

Baby fights bravely in NICU: ‘Only God decides on life and death’

May 23, 2026

The king lives – British radio station red-faced after bluff bulletin

May 23, 2026

Nine-year-old who looks like Joshlin Smith tormented

May 23, 2026

Bay Area Metropolitan Police currently ‘in name only’ a law enforcement agency

May 23, 2026

Israeli blockade traps would-be Hajj pilgrim in Gaza | Religion

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Times Network
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
Home ยป The king lives – British radio station red-faced after bluff bulletin
Business

The king lives – British radio station red-faced after bluff bulletin

By staffMay 23, 20262 Mins Read
The king lives – British radio station red-faced after bluff bulletin
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Koning Charles III. (Photo: Henry Nicholls/AFP)

A British radio station had to humbly apologize after mistakenly broadcasting a bulletin announcing the death of King Charles III.

“Due to a computer error at our main studio, the procedure for the death of a monarch – which all British stations keep ready in the hope that it will never be necessary – was accidentally activated on Tuesday afternoon (May 19), incorrectly announcing that the king had passed away,” the manager of Radio Caroline, Peter Moore, said in a statement on social media on Wednesday.

“Radio Caroline then held a moment of silence as required, warning us to resume the broadcast and make an on-air apology,” he further explained.

“Caroline proudly broadcast Queen Elizabeth’s, and now the King’s, Christmas message, and we hope to do so for many years to come. We apologize to King Charles and to our listeners for any upset caused,” the statement continued.

On the day of the erroneous announcement, King Charles and Queen Camilla were in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

The 77-year-old king and his wife took part in a cultural celebration at Thompson Dock, the port where the RMS Titanic stood before her maiden voyage, Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Tuesday.

There they met artists and organizers who are preparing for the world famous traditional Irish music festival that takes place in August.

The royals also visited Titanic Distillers and learned more about whiskey making, before visiting a local charity promoting greater access to skills for digital careers.

The king and queen later also met the prime minister and deputy prime minister of Northern Ireland at Hillsborough Castle, a royal residence near Belfast.

King Charles, who announced in February 2024 that he had been diagnosed with cancer, said in a video message in December that his cancer treatment will be reduced this year, because he is responding well to treatment.

In the past month, he visited New York City and Washington, DC, where he addressed the US Congress in celebration of the 250th anniversary of American independence. The king also addressed the British Parliament last week.

Additional source: CNN

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Baby fights bravely in NICU: ‘Only God decides on life and death’

Nine-year-old who looks like Joshlin Smith tormented

Bay Area Metropolitan Police currently ‘in name only’ a law enforcement agency

Crime rates | Violent crime crisis still not under control

Stephan Pretorius’ daughter testifies about ‘father who laughs’

Premier’s R269 million case ‘under cloud of uncertainty’

Proposed Water Amendment Act: ‘Race-Based Ideology Overshadows Rational Policy’

Rural heart beats strong again at Vivo Farmers Marketing Day

Western Cape agriculture is reeling after billions of rands worth of flood damage

Editors Picks

The king lives – British radio station red-faced after bluff bulletin

May 23, 2026

Nine-year-old who looks like Joshlin Smith tormented

May 23, 2026

Bay Area Metropolitan Police currently ‘in name only’ a law enforcement agency

May 23, 2026

Israeli blockade traps would-be Hajj pilgrim in Gaza | Religion

May 23, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest south africa news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Crime rates | Violent crime crisis still not under control

May 23, 2026

Stephan Pretorius’ daughter testifies about ‘father who laughs’

May 22, 2026

Premier’s R269 million case ‘under cloud of uncertainty’

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Instagram
© 2026 Times Network. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.