Author: staff
The burnt out Grenfell Tower building in London (June 15, 2017) (Photo: AP Photo/Frank Augstein) London’s Metropolitan Police said on Tuesday it would lay criminal charges against 57 people and 20 companies over the Grenfell Tower fire in 2017. It was Britain’s worst residential fire in recent history and 72 people died. The individuals and companies are suspected of criminal offences, including culpable homicide by a company, culpable homicide by gross negligence, misconduct in a public office and fraud, police said. The Met said it would soon present evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), which handles public prosecutions in…
THE family of a woman from Mgababa who worked at the Mhlanga Call Center was found dead last week with her head cut off under the bed of her boyfriend who was working with her.It is a country found that the deceased, Ms. Anele Mzila (23) whose body was found under the bed of her boyfriend, Mr. Nkululeko Yuda (35) who is from Swatini.The body was found at Kwa Mashu’s house, where the deceased was staying for work.After that, her boyfriend was accused of Sigonyela’s rings, and he has also appeared in Ntuzuma court. A friend of the deceased who…
Argieffoto (September 2018) (Photo: AP Photo/Al-hadji Kudra Maliro, File) The US State Department strongly warned Americans on Tuesday not to travel to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), South Sudan or Uganda amid growing concerns about a deadly Ebola outbreak. The department assigned the three Central African countries its highest travel advisory level – “Level 4: Do not travel” – and also warned citizens to “reconsider” travel to neighboring Rwanda. The announcement comes a day after US health authorities announced that travelers from areas affected by the outbreak would be more rigorously screened at airports for possible contamination. Certain…
The Electoral Commission is CONCERNED about the politicians who are sowing doubt in the public and spreading lies about the results of the elections in this country.The Commission said that those who do this are putting people in the wrong place for the upcoming elections on November 4, 2026. The spokesperson of the Commission, Mrs Kate Bapela, rejected the allegations of the EFF leader, Mr Julius Malema, that the Commission deprived this group of votes in the 2024 elections, and gave them to the ANC.He was responding to Malema’s allegations in one of his podcasts, where he said that the…
The EFF has become jealous of the Helen Suzman Foundation, which has gone to court to demand that Parliament be forced to consider whether the leader of this group, Mr. Julius Malema, is still ready to be a member of the Judicial Service Commission (JSC). The organization complains that Malema is always slandering magistrates and judges and he has just been convicted of a crime.The spokesperson of the EFF Mr. Sinawo Thambo, blamed politics for the organization’s move to go to the Western Cape court, he wants the Parliament to look more closely at Malema in this committee that questions…
The court heard that Russian agencies apparently inquired about money paid to Francois van der Merwe to smuggle two West African citizens to Zimbabwe. Van der Merwe denies any wrongdoing and says he merely helped with security arrangements.
The youngest of all the students who graduated from the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), Ms. Nqobile Khoza, has revealed that recording that history has encouraged her to pursue education until she excels in science.Ms Khoza (20) graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Geological Sciences, which is a phase of life that she described as having made her happy and made her feel humbled and motivated to not stop at it – but to continue her education.”I am very happy about it and it makes me feel very humble to my colleagues, so I am proud that I was…
After saying he had received an ICC arrest warrant for war crimes, Israel’s far-right Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich announced plans to forcibly displace Palestinians from a village in the occupied West Bank. Smotrich has called the ICC move a ‘declaration of war’.Published On 19 May 202619 May 2026Click here to share on social mediashare-nodesSharegoogleAdd Al Jazeera on Googleinfo
Stock Photo (Photo: Shutterstock)According to Fedsas, seven of South Africa’s nine provincial education departments have again failed to pay over the full resource allocations to public schools.Dr. Jaco Deacon, chief executive of Fedsas, says that this money should have been in schools’ bank accounts by 15 May in terms of the National Norms and Standards for School Funding (NNSSF).”Seven of the nine provincial education departments have again chosen to withhold tax money from public schools. We are of course talking about the resource allocations that must be paid to public schools every year in May and November. This is a…
The communications officer of Nissan Africa, Ramy Mohareb, emphasized that the company has no place in the country following the sale of its factory in Pretoria which was bought by Chery South Africa.Nissan has been producing in South Africa for years at its factory in Rosslyn. This is where the Navara van was built. In the past, the NP200 was built and in the past years, the 1400 was also built.Mohareb said they will end Navara production at the end of June.”If you remember correctly, we had the NP200 and there was going to be a car to take its…