Close Menu
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
What's On

The family is accused of brutally murdering the old man and accusing them of witchcraft

May 18, 2026

Ebola, hantavirus: Is the world prepared for the next pandemic? | Health News

May 18, 2026

Blonde peasant girl makes a big name with ‘just a blazer’

May 18, 2026

What is rare is for Zionists to unite in music and praise

May 18, 2026

Glynnis Breytenbach now DA chief whip in parliament

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Times Network
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
Home » Trump to again end legal status of people who entered US with CBP One app | Donald Trump News
Local News

Trump to again end legal status of people who entered US with CBP One app | Donald Trump News

By staffApril 24, 20263 Mins Read
Trump to again end legal status of people who entered US with CBP One app | Donald Trump News
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Judge had previously blocked move to end temporary legal status for those who entered US via Biden-era application.

Published On 24 Apr 202624 Apr 2026

The administration of President Donald Trump plans to again end the temporary legal status of hundreds of thousands of people who applied for asylum in the United States via the CBP One app.

The plan was detailed in a court filing in Boston, Massachusetts, and comes after a judge ruled that Trump’s earlier effort to terminate the legal status of those individuals was unlawful.

Recommended Stories

list of 3 itemsend of list

Under US President Joe Biden, individuals who registered for an appointment with US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) were preliminarily vetted and granted temporary legal status in the US as their asylum cases were adjudicated.

About 900,000 people were granted so-called humanitarian parole under the programme.

But in April of last year, just months after Trump took office for a second term, many of those individuals received emails saying their status had been terminated.

The message told its recipients it was “time for you to leave the United States”.

Federal Judge Allison Burroughs subsequently ruled that the Department of Homeland Security did not follow the proper procedures in terminating the legal status immigration status of CBP One users.

The US Department of Justice, in the new filings, told Burroughs that the Trump administration was complying with ⁠her order.

However, the department said the administration would begin issuing new parole termination notices, pursuant to a Tuesday memo from CBP’s head, Rodney Scott.

The memo is not public, but according to the Justice Department, Scott provided ‌an explanation for why, in his opinion, “parole is no longer appropriate for those aliens”.

Lawyers for Democracy Forward and Massachusetts Law Reform Institute, which represent the individuals whose status faces termination, urged Burroughs in a subsequent filing to prevent what they called a “deliberate attempt to evade compliance with the court’s order”.

The next hearing was set for May 6.

During his second term, Trump has pursued a hardline immigration policy that has included staunching nearly all asylum claims at the southern border.

Shortly after taking office, Trump’s officials also dissolved the CBP One app and relaunched it as CBP Home, a tool for self-deportation.

His administration has claimed there was an “invasion” at the border that constituted a “national emergency”, thereby allowing Trump to bypass legal requirements to allow individuals seeking asylum into the country.

Asylum, however, is a right enshrined both in domestic and international law, to protect people fleeing persecution on the basis of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group.

Separately, on Friday, a federal appeals court ruled against the Trump administration’s ban on asylum at the southern US border, potentially clearing the way for applications to once again be processed.

The administration is expected to appeal the decision.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Ebola, hantavirus: Is the world prepared for the next pandemic? | Health News

Sinner wins Italian Open to complete career Golden Masters | Tennis

Trump holds prayer rally to ‘rededicate’ US as ‘one nation under God’ | Donald Trump News

DRC faces deadly Ebola resurgence amid worsening humanitarian crisis | Features

At least four killed in Ukrainian drone attacks on Russia | Russia-Ukraine war News

Tunisians rally amid economic crisis and political arrests | Protests

Francesca Albanese on Israeli sexual violence suffered by Palestinians | Politics

Ultra-Orthodox conscription dispute pushes Israeli government to brink | Politics News

Outbreak of rare strain of Ebola claims at least 65 lives in DR Congo | Ebola

Editors Picks

Ebola, hantavirus: Is the world prepared for the next pandemic? | Health News

May 18, 2026

Blonde peasant girl makes a big name with ‘just a blazer’

May 18, 2026

What is rare is for Zionists to unite in music and praise

May 18, 2026

Glynnis Breytenbach now DA chief whip in parliament

May 18, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest south africa news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

A program to end identity theft

May 18, 2026

Gauteng schools | Decentralization considered due to R584 million debt burden

May 18, 2026

Mvunge who was expelled from the IFP is being ‘contested’ for a position in the NFP

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Instagram
© 2026 Times Network. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.