Close Menu
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
What's On

Downs made history by winning the Champions League

May 25, 2026

Disappointment killed a businessman who helped the community

May 24, 2026

Miminjunju in Duduzile, the ax is eating Ndhla

May 24, 2026

The Ntombelas discredited the famous Ngobamakhosi in social media

May 24, 2026

Tobacco addiction kills 8 million people in the world every year

May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Times Network
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
Home ยป It will be tried next month for the one who ‘killed’ a lot of people in Mlaza
Business

It will be tried next month for the one who ‘killed’ a lot of people in Mlaza

By staffApril 23, 20262 Mins Read
It will be tried next month for the one who ‘killed’ a lot of people in Mlaza
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A 28-year-old man from Mlaza, who is said to have recruited eight members of the public in this township last year, will begin his trial at the beginning of next month.

This was revealed by Judge Jacqueline Henriques when the defendant, Mr. Sanele Dlamini appeared before the Durban High Court on Wednesday.

The defendant is accused of an incident that allegedly took place at a bar in U, Mlaza on May 16, 2025.

It is said that in the incident which is suspected to be revenge for the killing of his brother, the defendant recruited eight members of the community.

The dead were confirmed to be Mr Sbanisezwe Ngcobo, Lindani Ngcobo, Mduduzi Ntobela, Nkanyiso Khumalo, Vumakwenkosi Ndlovu, Sihle Shange, Ms Thandiwe Madondo and Ms Mbalenhle Mjoko.

It is said that four people survived the incident and the suspects fled the scene. Only the defendant in court is still in custody.

In the court it was revealed that the dead were just killed, they had punished those who accused them of crimes. It is said that they attacked the defendant and his brother, whom they accused of destroying the community, and robbing it.

It is said that the defendant, his late brother Mr. Lungelo Dlamini and their friend Mr. Secunda Msomi were attacked by a “tired community” on May 16, 2025. It is said that in this incident, Lungelo was seriously injured and died due to the accidents he suffered that day.

It is said that on the same day, Sanele, who was tired, asked for help from others, to help him take revenge for his brother’s murder.

It is said that they then went to the slums at U, where members of the community were celebrating “the success of teaching these brothers and their friend a lesson”.

It is said that the defendant, along with his companions, arrived at this place, opened fire, and eight people died.

In the court it was revealed that they died due to stab wounds in different parts of the body, it is said that some were shot in the head, chest and upper body.

The defendant stated that he plans to call his own witnesses who will defend him when the trial is held.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Downs made history by winning the Champions League

Disappointment killed a businessman who helped the community

Miminjunju in Duduzile, the ax is eating Ndhla

Tobacco addiction kills 8 million people in the world every year

The week in pictures – Maroela Media

Crime statistics: SAPS is failing communities

US, Iran believe close to agreement to end war

An investigation is underway into the bodies found in the Kruger National Park

KZN leads the way in terms of drugs seized from prisons in the country

Editors Picks

Disappointment killed a businessman who helped the community

May 24, 2026

Miminjunju in Duduzile, the ax is eating Ndhla

May 24, 2026

The Ntombelas discredited the famous Ngobamakhosi in social media

May 24, 2026

Tobacco addiction kills 8 million people in the world every year

May 24, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest south africa news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Iran team trains through World Cup uncertainty | World Cup 2026

May 24, 2026

The week in pictures – Maroela Media

May 24, 2026

Crime statistics: SAPS is failing communities

May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Instagram
© 2026 Times Network. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.