Author: staff
Archive photo for illustration. (Photo: Hangela/Pixabay) Solidarity says Cyril Ramaphosa’s defense of black economic empowerment (SEB) in the mining sector is not in line with the reality of an industry that has shrunk over decades. This follows after Ramaphosa said in the National Assembly last week that criticism against the BEE is unfounded and that opponents of the policy “should be ashamed” because, according to him, they are pursuing white supremacy. The president described mining after 1994 as a success story of transformation. However, according to a report from the Solidarity Research Institute (SNI) which was launched on Tuesday, the…
The lack of clarity on whose hands the docket is in, has led to the case of the brutal murder of a man from Koffee Farm, KwaNdengezi being postponed to next Wednesday.Mr. Kholwani Cele (34) is said to have been beaten to death, his body was covered with a stone, and then thrown into the Mngeni river. He was last seen alive on October 23, last year, leaving work, going home.In January this year, a neighbor, Mr. Sibongiseni Johannes Mbhele, was first arrested, and later those who were accused of being accomplices in committing the crime, Mr. Bongumusa Mkhonto and…
A small group can fruitfully reflect on whether and how it promotes its own cultural life while also experiencing good interactions with other groups. Parts of Persian culture and Western cultures are unthinkable without such mutual interaction in the last 250 years.
Published On 19 May 202619 May 2026Former Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero is under investigation in Spain over alleged influence peddling and related crimes in the long-running Plus Ultra airline case.The High Court said on Tuesday that Zapatero’s office in Madrid was searched along with three other premises, adding that the former premier had been summoned to testify on June 2.Recommended Stories list of 3 itemsend of listThe investigation is tied to the 2021 state rescue of Plus Ultra, which received 53 million euros ($62m) through the state holding company SEPI during the COVID-19 pandemic.The case escalated in…
AFTER a few weeks Durban City made history by becoming the first KwaZulu-Natal team to win the Nedbank Cup, this province is on the verge of making another history by having three teams finish the Betway Premiership season in the Top 8 for the first time since the Premier Soccer League (PSL) was established. Although it was the first KwaZulu-Natal team, Manning Rangers, to win the first league title in the first PSL season of 1996/97, but this province has never had three teams finish the season in the Top 8.It has happened many times that KZN has had two…
A Congolese family in Nanda wants action to be taken by ambulances following the death of their baby due to the delay and negligence of emergency workers. A seven-week-old baby boy, Skanyeko Nxumalo, died at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Public Hospital, Phoenix on April 29.According to his mother, Ms. Lindokuhle Nxumalo, the problems that led to the death of her twin son, started the day before, when she saw that he was not well, she went to the local clinic.He said he got there at 9 in the morning, he didn’t even pick up the line because he could see…
The AUTOMABILE ASSOCIATION (AA) has expressed its disappointment with the results obtained by the Toyota Starlet following its crash test by the Global New Car Assessment Program (GNCAP).The Starlet was tested under AA and GNCAP’s #SaferCarsForAfrica campaign which tests the safety of “cheap” cars sold in the country.The Starlet received a zero for its failure to protect elderly passengers in the event of an accident.However, Riaan Esterhuysen, who is the Senior Manager Product PR and Corporate Communications at Toyota South Africa Motors (TSAM), said that the car tested by AA is old and is not currently being sold.”The Toyota Starlet…
Joe “Ferrari” Sibanyoni in die hof. (Foto: Justice, Crime Prevention and Security/ X) Mmamoloko Kubayi, the minister of justice and constitutional development, welcomed the swift action of the national director of public prosecutions to suspend the prosecutor in the case against Joe “Ferrari” Sibanyoni (60), taxi boss from Mpumalanga, and his three co-accused. This suspension follows after the case was struck off the roll in the Kwaggafontein Magistrate’s Court on Monday after Mkhuseli Ntaba, the prosecutor, did not turn up for the court proceedings. The magistrate hearing the case also issued a warrant for Ntaba’s arrest and considered his actions…
It is expected that the sandal will wear out and the world will explode on June 27, at People’s Park, Durban, as the organizers of the song event known as Ingoma kaZwelonke, on Friday, announced the plans for this year’s event.This event, which will mark the fifth anniversary of its existence, Xolani Mcineka, one of its organizers, revealed that what he is proud of is that he has done great things for the elders.He said that today there are different events because they chose to establish an event like this one.Mcineka stated that they did not stop there but they…
ACTOR from Mlaza, Vuyo Biyela, says that many young men will see themselves in actor Zwelakhe Mkhize, who will appear in the series called At Father’swhich will be shown on Mzansi Magic on June 1, at 7.30 pm. This is one of the games It is a country which has reported on it, as it found out that it is still being recorded, and it started some time after the end of theGenesis that used to exist.This play is about a man who is in love but can’t move forward with his life as there are things that are holding…