Close Menu
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
What's On

The concern comes from the safety of the old Toyota Starlet

May 19, 2026

Joe ‘Ferrari’ |Many questions about case handling

May 19, 2026

I am ready with plans for the National Anthem event

May 19, 2026

They promise a lot about the game, Kwa Baba

May 19, 2026

Court hears application about Jhb Zoo’s three elephants

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Times Network
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
Home » Joe ‘Ferrari’ |Many questions about case handling
Business

Joe ‘Ferrari’ |Many questions about case handling

By staffMay 19, 20263 Mins Read
Joe ‘Ferrari’ |Many questions about case handling
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Joe “Ferrari” Sibanyoni in die hof. (Foto: Justice, Crime Prevention and Security/ X)

Mmamoloko Kubayi, the minister of justice and constitutional development, welcomed the swift action of the national director of public prosecutions to suspend the prosecutor in the case against Joe “Ferrari” Sibanyoni (60), taxi boss from Mpumalanga, and his three co-accused.

This suspension follows after the case was struck off the roll in the Kwaggafontein Magistrate’s Court on Monday after Mkhuseli Ntaba, the prosecutor, did not turn up for the court proceedings.

The magistrate hearing the case also issued a warrant for Ntaba’s arrest and considered his actions to be “unprofessional” after she had previously told him to be at the court promptly at 09:00.

Sibanyoni and his co-accused would have continued their application for bail on Monday and proceedings were due to start at 09:00. However, after the prosecutor did not show up, the case was thrown out.

According to the indictment, the four are suspected of having demanded money from a businessman in the mining industry between 2022 and 2025. The businessman claims they eventually demanded almost R2.2 million from him.

Kubayi expressed her disappointment at the way the events unfolded.

“It is in the interest of justice that the accused be given the opportunity to respond to the charges brought against them in court. Technical errors of this nature, especially by state institutions, must be avoided so that the public does not lose faith in our legal system,” says Kubayi.

According to the indictment, the four are suspected of having demanded money from a businessman in the mining industry between 2022 and 2025. (Photo: Justice, Crime Prevention and Security/ X)

Also read: Joe Sibanyoni | ‘Police still have strong case’

Kubayi also appealed to the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) to implement systems and processes to ensure that such incidents do not happen again.

Meanwhile, ActionSA has also written to the national director of public prosecutions.

Dereleen James, ActionSA MP, says Monday’s incident raises serious concerns about Ntaba’s accountability and the state of justice in South Africa.

James says Ntaba apparently already indicated last week that he is not available to handle Monday’s proceedings.

“The total failure of the prosecutor and the investigating officer to appear in court or communicate properly with the court is unacceptable. ActionSA believes that serious questions must now be asked as to why alternative arrangements were not made to ensure that the case continued.

“Why wasn’t another prosecutor appointed? Why wasn’t the case transferred to another court or formally adjourned? Most importantly, why was a case involving serious allegations of extortion and money laundering simply dropped?” asked James.

Maroela Media reported earlier that the magistrate said that the controlling prosecutor apparently received a call from Ntaba on Monday morning. He apparently indicated that he was on his way to court but was delayed due to paperwork.

Col. Mavela Masondo, spokesperson for the police in the province, strongly denied that the relevant investigating officers were also not present in court on Monday.

According to him, the investigation team was already at the court at 08:45 on Monday.

He says the police will remain in discussion with the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) regarding the matter.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

I am ready with plans for the National Anthem event

They promise a lot about the game, Kwa Baba

Court hears application about Jhb Zoo’s three elephants

The insults she received while pregnant opened the door to learning

Sugarcane milling season begins despite bitter economic struggle

There are no special rituals to take care of the skin in winter

Lebanese president wants to do ‘impossible’ and stop war with Israel

Simphiwe is now mixing jokes with positive words

Ruling does not change anything as far as NGV is concerned – department

Editors Picks

Joe ‘Ferrari’ |Many questions about case handling

May 19, 2026

I am ready with plans for the National Anthem event

May 19, 2026

They promise a lot about the game, Kwa Baba

May 19, 2026

Court hears application about Jhb Zoo’s three elephants

May 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest south africa news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

He was helped by the Ladies House which has been destroyed by the university

May 19, 2026

The insults she received while pregnant opened the door to learning

May 19, 2026

WHO responding to ‘complex, difficult’ Ebola outbreak in DR Congo | Ebola

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Instagram
© 2026 Times Network. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.