Close Menu
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
What's On

The family is accused of brutally murdering the old man and accusing them of witchcraft

May 18, 2026

Ebola, hantavirus: Is the world prepared for the next pandemic? | Health News

May 18, 2026

Blonde peasant girl makes a big name with ‘just a blazer’

May 18, 2026

What is rare is for Zionists to unite in music and praise

May 18, 2026

Glynnis Breytenbach now DA chief whip in parliament

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Times Network
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Living
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
  • Web Stories
Home » Iran’s foreign minister leaves Pakistan, heads to Russia for more talks | US-Israel war on Iran News
Local News

Iran’s foreign minister leaves Pakistan, heads to Russia for more talks | US-Israel war on Iran News

By staffApril 27, 20263 Mins Read
Iran’s foreign minister leaves Pakistan, heads to Russia for more talks | US-Israel war on Iran News
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Abbas Araghchi will speak with ‘senior officials’ in Moscow, Iran’s Foreign Ministry says.

By AFP and The Associated Press

Published On 26 Apr 202626 Apr 2026

Iran’s top diplomat, Abbas Araghchi, has left Islamabad for Moscow, the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said, as mediators hope to keep the prospect of more Tehran-Washington talks alive.

Araghchi sandwiched a trip to Muscat, Oman, in between visits to the Pakistani capital, leaving on Sunday to be in Moscow the following day. But there was no indication that direct talks between Iran and the United States would resume.

Recommended Stories

list of 4 itemsend of list

However, in a sign that indirect efforts were ongoing, the Fars news agency reported that Iran had transmitted “written messages” to the Americans via mediator Pakistan, which were “about some of the red lines of the Islamic Republic of Iran, including nuclear issues and the Strait of Hormuz”.

But the messages were not part of any negotiations, Fars said.

US President Donald Trump last week indefinitely extended the ceasefire that Washington and Tehran agreed to on April 7, which has largely halted the fighting that began with joint US-Israeli strikes on Iran on February 28.

But a permanent settlement remains elusive, and the economic shockwaves of the war continue to reverberate around the globe.

Iran has effectively blocked the vital Strait of Hormuz, cutting off vast quantities of oil, natural gas and fertiliser from the global market, and sending prices soaring. The US has imposed a blockade of Iranian ports in response.

There had been hopes for a new round of talks on Saturday, with US envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner due to visit Islamabad, but Trump later told Fox News he had scrapped the trip, saying there was no point “sitting around talking about nothing”.

On Sunday, Trump told the same channel: “I said, we’re not doing this any more. We have all the cards. If they want to talk, they can come to us, or they can call us. You know, there is a telephone. We have nice, secure lines”.

Asked earlier whether cancelling the trip meant a return to open hostilities, Trump said: “No, it doesn’t mean that.”

Shuttle diplomacy

On Saturday, Araghchi met Pakistan’s military chief, Asim Munir, a key mediator, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Minister of Foreign Affairs Ishaq Dar, before flying on to Muscat. He returned to Islamabad on Sunday.

In Russia, Iran’s Foreign Ministry said he would speak with “senior officials”.

Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed that Araghchi would visit Moscow, but did not say if he would meet President Vladimir Putin.

Amid the flurry of meetings, Araghchi signalled scepticism over Washington’s intentions, saying he had “yet to see if the US is truly serious about diplomacy”.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Ebola, hantavirus: Is the world prepared for the next pandemic? | Health News

Sinner wins Italian Open to complete career Golden Masters | Tennis

Trump holds prayer rally to ‘rededicate’ US as ‘one nation under God’ | Donald Trump News

DRC faces deadly Ebola resurgence amid worsening humanitarian crisis | Features

At least four killed in Ukrainian drone attacks on Russia | Russia-Ukraine war News

Tunisians rally amid economic crisis and political arrests | Protests

Francesca Albanese on Israeli sexual violence suffered by Palestinians | Politics

Ultra-Orthodox conscription dispute pushes Israeli government to brink | Politics News

Outbreak of rare strain of Ebola claims at least 65 lives in DR Congo | Ebola

Editors Picks

Ebola, hantavirus: Is the world prepared for the next pandemic? | Health News

May 18, 2026

Blonde peasant girl makes a big name with ‘just a blazer’

May 18, 2026

What is rare is for Zionists to unite in music and praise

May 18, 2026

Glynnis Breytenbach now DA chief whip in parliament

May 18, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest south africa news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

A program to end identity theft

May 18, 2026

Gauteng schools | Decentralization considered due to R584 million debt burden

May 18, 2026

Mvunge who was expelled from the IFP is being ‘contested’ for a position in the NFP

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Instagram
© 2026 Times Network. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.